Sunday, September 29, 2013
I truly didn't know what to expect when I was ask to review the e-book by Jonathan Wyka-Warzecha, the creator of the Sweepstakes Ninja system .http://www.sweepstakesninja.com/index_maininfo.php. First, to be honest, I was blown away..I've been a sweeper for almost 2 yrs but recently been more into it.. There is so much info in this book, I don't even know where to begin - it is especially great if you are first starting out as a sweeper but fantastic reading for all interested in the sweeps. It explains the different sweeps such as Facebook, blogs, mommy blogs, flash sweeps, Pinterest and so much more. Has great interviews with awesome sweepers that have won cash, cars, computers, trips,over and over again.
What I thought was really interesting was Jonathan's take on the annual sweepstakes convention which I have never had the pleasure of going to (yet). He describes it in such detail that you feel like you are right there with him putting your name in the raffle jars and listening to the speakers - feeling like any moment that win is yours!
There are several sweepstakers that he interviews including one of my blogger friends - Beeb Ashcroft who is known as "contest girl". She is the one behind the Contest Corner at http://www.contest-corner.com/
There are as many different types of sweeps as there are different strategies that people use - like text sweeps which seems to be more popular (entering with a cell phone txt). Of course, internet sweeps..love how you can sit in the comfort of your home and just press buttons and win prizes..How cool is that? But there are still sweeps that people don't like to deal with because it takes too much time and is not so easy. We all remember mail-in sweeps and I still do those because I believe the harder a sweep is then the better the chance for me to win a prize because the less competition. This book has so much great information - Jonathan talks about votes which he goes into details about fairness and about people that cheat. He talks about video voting which I have not tried. There are resources in the book explaining the best sites to go to for sweeping such as www.sweepstakesninja.com, www.sweetiessweeps.com. If you want more then you need to check out the book since there are at least 12 or more in the book. There are books and movies that he describes ..including Contesting: The Name It Claim It Game by Helen Hadsell - if you don't know who Helen Hadsell is then you are in for a treat. She won every single contest that she entered. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6HLN33nZFM is an interview with Helen Hadsell. I would have loved to met Helen (she passed a few years ago). She talks about how positivity can change the outlook on contests, love, family, and life!
As I said before - this book is full of great sweeping information. I want to thank Jonathan for this book and for the sweepstakes Ninja system that he created which I believe that anyone who purchases it for $29.00 a month will realize it makes entering sweeps so much faster and easier!
I want to thank Jonathan for providing me this book for an honest review..All opinions are 100% my own
Posted by Minta's Creations at 3:14 PM
Thursday, September 26, 2013
Snuggle up and enjoy a brand new journey the whole family can share this howl-iday season when Alpha and Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure arrives on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, Digital Download and Video on Demand .
TODAY we are debuting the trailer for this all-new animated movie and would love for you to be one of the first to see and share with your readers! Below please find links to download the trailer and a fun maze activity sheet.
Alpha and Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure is the sequel to the hugely popular family animated feature film Alpha And Omega, this brand-new wilderness adventure introduces us to Kate and Humphrey's new cubs and reminds us about the importance of family.
Check out this awesome trailer!
Posted by Minta's Creations at 1:47 PM
Monday, September 9, 2013
I hear so much that my friends say that they are "going green" and saving energy (and how it also helps to save money), I decided to investigate: here are several tips I found for "going green".
- Turn off the faucet when brushing your teeth or shaving saves on usage of water.
- Put a bucket in the bathtub while you are waiting for your bath water to get warm and then use the water to water your plants or give your pets a drink or to mop the floor later.
- Change all your bulbs to the compact florescent type to save on your light bill (and replace less often).
- Turn off all lights when you leave the room, unplug your cell phone charger when not in use.
- This is definitely one I need: take yourself off of junk mail list. Think of all the paper you would save!
- Recycle! Use that green bin! Our local recycling company in Cincinnati gives points based on your recycling that you can trade for fabulous prizes (e.g. gift certificates). Check to see if you have a similar program. If not - hey, do it anyway! It's the right thing to do!
- Don't rinse your plates before loading in the dishwasher - you can save you 15 gallons of water per load
- Set your washer setting to warm or cold but stay away from hot.
- Recycle your old electronics...many stores provide incentives for you to do this.
- Carpool or ride a bike whenever possible.
Posted by Minta's Creations at 6:20 PM
The Hub Network, a destination for kids and their families, will host the first “Hub Network’s First Annual Halloween Bash,” to be broadcast on on the cable channel.
The special will be hosted by Kenan Thompson (“ Night Live”), along with Halloween expert Martha Stewart who will lead a panel of celebrity judges, and includes music performances and a nationwide costume competition where 50 semi-finalists from each state will head to Los Angeles to be a part of the two-hour star-studded event.
One lucky winner will win $25,000 and a walk-on role on the Hub Network’s Daytime Emmy® Award-winning series, “R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour: The Series.”
The “Hub Network’s First Annual Halloween Bash” costume competition is open to all ages, including individuals or a maximum of five people per group submission.
Participants are encouraged to create eye-popping, hair-raising and spooky costumes within one of the following six categories:
· Howl-arious – Shows the lighter side of Halloween with a take on a fun, funny or otherwise hilarious costume.
· Spook-tacular – Get ready to frighten America by showcasing the most spine-chilling costume for all the ghosts and ghouls out there.
· Mad Genius – Unique, original, innovative and never seen before. A knight in armor fashioned from bottle caps, bat wings made from old umbrellas, or a cardboard-box jetpack, the possibilities are endless. Display a costume unlike any other — show your Mad Genius.
· Blast from the Past – Take a stroll down memory lane with a timeless costume. Memories, nostalgia and yesteryear brought to life. Show your take on great figures from before the 20thcentury or a retro 50’s sock hop get up, 60’s flower child or other “period” inspired costumes.
· Animal Kingdom – Transform into a living creature from the past or present. Be a roaring lion, a school of jellyfish, a firefly, or a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
· Everyday Stuff – We're looking for the coolest refrigerator/freezer, remote control, mailbox, block of Swiss cheese, telephone and more. Be creative and transform the ordinary into the extra-ordinary.
For more information on how to enter, as well as to check out the latest entries, please visit hubworld.com/halloween and also the video athttp://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=IiSW9L3TUeA&feature=player_ embedded. The deadline to enter is .
About the Hub Network
The Hub Network is a multi-platform joint venture between Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK) and Hasbro, Inc., (NASDAQ: HAS) with a goal of entertaining, enlightening, empowering and educating children and their families. The cable and satellite television network features original programming as well as content from Discovery's library of award-winning children's educational programming; from Hasbro's rich portfolio of entertainment and educational properties built during the past 90 years; and from leading third-party producers worldwide. The Hub Network’s lineup includes animated and live-action series, as well as specials, game shows, and family-favorite movies. The network extends its content through a robust and engaging online presence at www.hubworld.com. The Hub Network
Posted by Minta's Creations at 4:25 PM